Saturday, December 13, 2008

Challenges

My brother called me this morning. Apparently, he actually read my blog the other night. That means I'm up to two confirmed readers! Including my wife, who is obligated to read.

Anyway, he mentioned reading how I'm gut-hacking, and told me he's working on his weight, as well, but he needs a bit more motivation (heart attack avoidance just wasn't doing it for him, I guess). So he offered me a challenge. We're racing in losing weight. There are about 7 pounds' difference between us, so we're looking for percentage of body weight lost, rather than a target pound range.

So here's how this first leg works: Whichever of us loses 5% of their body weight first (for me that will be just over 10 lbs), will receive a new Wii game from the other. I've also added him as an author for this blog, so he'll be keeping everyone updated on his efforts, too.

So, there you have it. I guess now I just need to figure out which game I want... :)

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

Dammit Rick. You better starting working it because I'm not going to figure out how to put a Wii game into our budget.

Rody, wanna cookie?