Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Today's Exercise

I'm embarrassed to say it, but I exercised today.

Well, it's not so much that I exercised but that I worked up a pretty good sweat.

Okay, it's not so much that, but that I worked up a pretty good sweat by... er... uh...
walking.


Yes, I walked for 60 minutes and its the best workout I've had in a long time. And I only went about 3 mph. I'm a pansy, all right? I'm terribly out of shape (unless you count "rotund" as a shape), and I'm afraid to push myself too much because I don't want my back to explode again.

Once you stop laughing, I just want to point out that even though my average was a paltry 20-minute mile, and that if I were still in the army I would have to go more than twice that fast just to not get kicked out (assuming they hadn't already expelled me for being excessively convex), I did manage to burn nearly 300 calories. Yes, it's true that those 300 calories won't even cover one of the slices of pizza I had for lunch, let alone put much of a dent in the way-too-big dinner I had tonight, I actually made myself exercise instead of allowing myself to lay in bed and watch some crappy made-for-tv movie. Like I did last night. I also walked home on Monday, so for those of you keeping track, that's 5 miles for me this week.

No comments: