Sunday, February 21, 2010

Howdy

I'm taking a different approach to my weight loss, but one thing Rick and I will have in common is running. My kids school is having its annual 5K for Literacy and I would like to be able to jog the whole way, which in my current state is not possible. I would like my kids to be able to run too. Tonight we'll start by walking for half an hour and jogging every few minutes.

As for weight loss, I'd talked to some nutritionists several months ago who said I am not eating -enough- to lose weight; that I need to bring my caloric intake up by 100 calories per week until I am at 2000.. which should be 500 calories less than my body ought to be using, if I hadn't killed my metabolism. Well, I am almost there. I gained 10 pounds the first month, but I haven't gained anything since then even though I'm adding more food every week. And my kids are telling me I look thinner even though the scale says I'm weighing the same. So I'm going to keep going with it. If all else fails and I don't lose a thing, it'll at least be nice to eat like a human being again. :)