Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pacing

I just finished week 4 day 2 of c25k, and I feel pretty good. It's the same program as day 1, but tonight I went a little bit further (like .01 miles - a very little bit). But the better part is that I was cognizant enough of my surroundings that I was able to figure out where I started and stopped running, and was able to figure out my running pace! (Yes, I know if you have an iPhone or a Droid, the app will figure that out for you. But I have neither. Back off.) My running pace - even for the dreaded 5-minutes-at-a-time run - was about 10:00 - 10:30 mins per mile. I know that's pretty darn slow, but I feel good about it. That time is especially nice for me because it's the same pace that I ran my first 2-mile run at Basic Combat training, 11 years and 40 pounds ago. So this is good. I'll want to pick up the pace, but later. After I'm able to run 3 miles at a whack. Maybe even after I've transitioned up to 10k runs. But for now, I'm happy.

No comments: