Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Recent Records

Just finished w4d1, and I feel freaking AWESOME! Tired, yes. My lungs feel a little raw too, but overall, I feel great! I ran 5 minutes at a time TWICE - with is the longest I've run since at least December 2004. And not counting my warm-up and cool-down, my time (including walks) was just shy of a 12-minute mile. Not speedy, but I'll take it! So this workout goes like this: 3 minute run, 90 second walk, 5 minute run, 2.5 minute walk, 3 minute run, 90 second walk, 5 minute run. Start and end with 5 minute warm-up and cool down. I already mentioned that 5 minutes is longer than I've run at a time in about 6 years. But last week, 3 minutes was my record. Which means I smashed last week's record to pieces. I'm pretty happy! My legs are tired, though, so I'm gonna go see if I can down a recovery shake: Apple juice, frozen fruit and protein powder. Yum.

No comments: