Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Today's Run

I was copying some documents for work today, and since it was going to take upwards of 30 minutes to copy, I decided to knock out today's run. I took more-or-less the same route that I did Monday, but I had to take a very small detour due to work on the running trail (probably .1 mile extra). But I was more disciplined with my stopwatch, so my run time was almost exactly 24 minutes, rather than 25-26 minutes, like it was last time. So I think I may have run a little bit faster, but I'm not sure. (Speed isn't really my goal right now, so I try to avoid thinking about it as much as I can, squashing down the little voice that's constantly saying, "Hey, I think you ran faster last time. Speed up, or this run won't do you any good.")
Anyway, it went well. I'm pretty tired, but my joints are still feeling pretty good. And more importantly, I've now run three times in less than one week. Now, I just need to decide whether to run on Friday AND Saturday, or just Saturday.

No comments: