Monday, December 28, 2009

Feeling better

Okay, I took the rest of the week off. I could rattle off the excuses reasons I didn't run (it was cold, my ankles hurt and it was CHRISTMAS, for crying out loud!), but I wont. Except that I just did...

It's true, though. My ankles and knees really were bothering me for most of last week, and that helped nudge me into inaction. It works out, though, because on tonight's run, I felt pretty good. Even afterwards, I don't feel as tense as I did after last Monday's workout. So hooray for me. Hopefully it will last...

In other news, I got an iPod Touch for Christmas, and have been busy looking for apps that will help me in my efforts to not be such a slug. The one I want to mention tonight (because I actually used it) is Chronolite. It's a free app that allows you to set up to 4 separate timers. (The paid app allows more, and has some more flexibility, but I'll let that be for now.) So I set timer 1 for 2 minutes, timer 2 for 1 minute and timer 3 for 5 minutes (warm-up and cool-down). They worked pretty well, except that a couple of times I had a hard time resetting or starting the timers. I think that was mostly due to the fact that I have a screen guard on my iPod, and it was in an armband with a protective cover, as well, so the sensitivty was a bit low. As a result of that, I had one run and one walk session where I'm not sure how long I actually ran/walked.

The breakdown for tonight's workout: 2.36(ish) miles in 30 minutes, using 2 minutes run, 1 minute walk. Depending on walking speed, my running pace was somewhere between 8:30 and 10:45 per mile, and my average pace was around 12:45 per mile.

Hopefully, I'll be able to run 2-3 more times this week. I'm going to remain at the 2/1 pace since I missed last week entirely, and depending on how I feel, I may extend Saturday's run to 45 minutes... but we'll see.

No comments: