Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

So, what better way to ring in the new than with a lovely story about my goals causing me physical pain? I can't think of one!

I went out today, having missed both Wednesday and Thursday, due to extreme fatigue on the former and vague muscle/joint pain in and around my ankles on the latter. But today, I was determined to not miss.

And I didn't. I stuck to my scheduled run, but it was really uncomfortable at the start and again at the finish. I took a lot of Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen and I don't hurt too much now, but it still bothers me. I'm not quite sure what to do. I want to run - I need to run. I actually look forward to it, and am disappointed when my legs hurt, but I don't want to go and hurt myself so I'm out of commission. I'm guessing that since the pain is controlled with OTC analgesics (albeit at the maximum dose), it's probably nothing more than my body trying to build up strength where it's never really needed any before.

Hrmph. I guess I'll see what happens next week. BTW, I'm going to try to work out 5 times next week, though I expect at least 2 of those to be just walking or cycling. I haven't decided whether or not to move up to 3 minute runs. I'll probably stick with 2 minutes for Monday and see how it goes from there.

No comments: