Monday, January 4, 2010

Today's run (yes, I actually made it out!) was not too bad, I suppose. According to my map, I ran about the same distance and speed that I did on the 28th, but I felt like I worked a bit harder tonight. Actually, that's not entirely true, I guess. There were a couple of legs where I definitely worked harder, but a couple where I slacked off a bit, as well. I guess its also possible - probable, even - that my guess at distance for the 28th was off, too. I know that night I didn't really have many landmarks that would show up on a Google Maps terrain image, but tonight I did.

And it's possible that I just ran slower.

But the point is that I did it. And I didn't hurt too much at the end, either. My knee was bothering me a bit, but not too much, by the time I got back in. The back of my leg (biceps femoralis?) did try to cramp up for a minute at the end when I was trying to stretch my other leg, but other than that, not too bad. I took 400 mg of ibuprofen about 30 minutes before the run, and some acetaminophen after. My ankles are a bit sore, but not too bad. And my knee is feeling better, too. So there we have it.

I'm not going to be able to workout tomorrow evening, other than to walk around the church a bit. (My new calling requires me to be there most of Tuesday nights.) But I'll run again on Wednesday, then again on Friday and/or Saturday, with walks on Thursday and whichever other day I don't run. I might move to 3/1 run/walk, too... we'll see.

No comments: