Monday, November 15, 2010

I'm Back...

So it's been... what? Eight months? Oops. I'm sure I had all kinds of good reasons/excuses to stop, but I don't even remember what they were.

But now, I'm starting over again.

Last week I bought the Couch to 10k app. Why jump straight to 10k? Well, I'm not sure. I think part of it is the fact that I really, REALLY need more than 30 minutes of exercise, especially if much of that is walking (as it is now, and will be for at leas a couple more weeks). Plus, I'm in this thing right now where I'm finding a huge lack of self-control, at least when it comes to food. So I need to counteract that in a big way.

Today I completed week 2 day 1, which entails 5 minutes of warm-up and cool-down surrounding 9 sets of 1 minute of running and 4 minutes of walking (with an extra 1 minute run thrown in right before the cool-down). The grand total was 51 minutes during which time I ran 3.48 miles. Not super speedy, I know, but at least I got out, right?

No comments: