Monday, March 16, 2009

GAME ON!!!

Okay, after much discussion, we finally got the rules worked out, and we started the contest this morning. So, here I am writing about how everything worked today.

First, my starting weight is 250.2 lbs. I overshot my calorie intake by about 200 calories, entirely because I didn't plan well. I didn't plan breakfast well enough, so I had a granola bar. I didn't plan snacks well, so when I got hungrier than usual earlier than usual (see breakfast), I ended up going to the convenience store (conveniently located behind my building) and buying snacks. (I did manage to get trail mix, rather than Doritos, at least.) Finally, for lunch, I didn't plan anything at all, so when MB was at McDonald's with the kids, I had her pick up a burger and fries for me. (I think this one, by itself, pushed me over the edge easily -- even though I was relatively "good.")

I did OK in exercise. I pushed Aren on his bike (and ran along next to him) for about 15 minutes, and later on tonight (after the Amazing Whiny Baby goes to bed), I'm going to go on a walk for about 40 minutes.

How did you guys do?

2 comments:

Eva said...

bummer about overshooting by 200 calories.. looks like you did really well today though! good work! :)

I had a fantastic workout on the NordicTrack this morning. I still need to take a long walk this evening in order to reach my personal goal though.

I did really well with the diet plan as well. However, I decided that I have been a major piggy lately.. I definitely ate quite a bit less today than normal.

Serena said...

Blasted convenience!!! Why can't there be more convenient healthy options? I end up doing a spinach salad and not getting very creative other than slivered almonds on top with whatever dressing we have. I did come across a nice bottle of balsamic that I should make some dressing out of.