Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Road may seem MIA...

But he's just a bit busy with work and school to keep up on adding his stats to the spreadsheet. He is, in fact, still a participant. He picked up a couple of GoWearFit (the Pharmanex version of the better-known BodyBugg) from work the other day. He was so excited to get them. I got more excited after seeing how it works. Unfortunately, we still need to enter in every bit we eat, portion sizes, etc. It does have a lot of brands and some take-out food already built in, but there always seems to be a bit of entry needed for stuff not on there.

Somehow, after seeing it add up the calories I use throughout the day I am more motivated to go through the bother of entering in the info for the food. I was happy to see that you can put in your favorite recipe and tell it the number of servings and it calculates everything for you. This is especially nice since most recipes' serving size is a little smaller when eating the food by itself (I don't often add salads and sides to the meals we have at home unless we have guests). Though I bet that would help meals to be more filling in a volumetric way versus a caloric way. Hm. I should reconsider my meal planning. Anyway, some other nice features to this little gadget is that it recognizes when you are sleeping versus just laying down. It measures not only your heartrate, but body temp and 'acceleration', or movement. Seems pretty accurate - like Saturday night it showed a nice solid blue bar for most of the night, while the last couple of nights have been choppy. I was for sure more rested this weekend than I have been the last couple nights. It calculates your 'sleep efficiency' based on the amount you actually sleep. It's nice to have the validation that I did or didn't sleep well on any given night. My only complaint is the software seems finicky. Seems like the driver for the device isn't always found on our computers by the website. Not sure if it's our computers of the website. Sometimes it's a matter of switching the browser to IE from Firefox or vice versa, or closing your session out and trying again. It's annoying. I blame it on slacker developers somewhere :)

So this is Road's method of tracking right now. I'll try to get it translated to the spreadsheet. He's just the mystery competitor right now.

Congrats to Eva for being the winner last week!!! I found this forum on some fun tips on when to find little ways to fit in an exercise here and there. The site has lots of workouts too, if you like to change things up. And how is it that Rick ended up in the negative???

No comments: