Friday, March 6, 2009

Ice Cream for Breakfast!

Yes, I know this blog is all about me trying to become more fit, and that a big part of that is trying to eat healthy.

But every now and then, you just need to forget about it -- for a good cause.

When Aren went on his Make-A-Wish trip a few years ago, we stayed at Give Kids the World Village, which is dedicated entirely to children with life-threatening illnesses. Because it is all about, well, giving kids the world, kids who may not make it much longer (some have passed away just weeks after their trips), kids are encouraged to do things they would not get away with normally. The prime example of this is the Ice Cream Palace, which serves ice cream (free of charge) from 7:30 AM to 9:30 PM.

Tomorrow is Founder's day at Give Kids the World, so everyone with even a tangential relationship to the place is encouraged to eat ice cream for breakfast. Now, to be completely honest, the thought actually makes me a bit ill. I'm really more of an "eggs and bacon" kind of guy. Or if I really want something sweet, I'll have a pancake, or an english muffin with jam.

But for GKTW, and for the I will make the sacrifice.

2 comments:

Velda said...

Wowsas! Just saw this on marybeths blog, googled, and found your blog too! I am now officially subscribed.

I think we'll have icecream for breakfast here too.

MaryBeth said...

Way to join the club Velda! We'll post pictures of our ice cream fest later today :)