Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Good Day

Hey, everyone. I'm going to see if can do three things at once (let me know if you think this isn't fair...)

First: I'm encouraging you all. Good job, Eva, on yesterday's performance. I also noticed when I updated the spreadsheet that you were on, too. Hope you got some good stuff to put in. Rody, where are you? You're not going to let me win this week without even trying, are you?

Second: I'm blogging, so this counts for that. I stayed within my calorie range and walked for about 40 minutes. (I'm going to buy some new running shoes eventually -- maybe when I lose 10-15 lbs.) I also kept my goals: Recording everything I ate and eating 5 fruits/veggies. So, I maxed out on points today. Well, I maxed the things that have limits, anyway.

Third: I'm giving a review of www.sparkpeople.com -- the updated site. If you haven't seen this, it really is a great tool. It lets you keep track of diet, cardio and strength training exercise. It has a LOT of articles (many of which I will quote as I post my articles in the future). Best of all, it is completely free. Its diet tracker is one of the easiest I've seen. The database has thousands of entries, so when you go to enter what you ate, you'll probably find it pretty quickly. If you can't find it, you can add foods yourself, which then become searchable by other users. When you first register, you set goals for yourself, and it gives you guidelines as to how to accompish those goals. And for motivational articles, it is excellent. As I said before, I'm going to find some of my favorites and send you the links. One thing, though: You do have to be a member to read the articles. Did I mention that it is free?

1 comment:

Eva said...

hey Rick. sure. I think that works. Good work on staying on plan and getting that exercise in!

Just to comment on your review. For those who haven't checked it out, www.sparkpeople.com really is awesome, plus you can't beat the free membership. I haven't been to that site in a while, so thanks for the reminder to check it out!

As far as how I did yesterday, I stayed on plan with my food intake and exercise program, and I accomplished my personal goal yesterday too.. I was just too lazy to tell the world about it. So here I am a day late. :)